Debra J. Myers, MD is a graduate of Harvard Medical School. She has a private practice of Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy in West Los Angeles, and serves adults and adolescents. She was a Biology major at Stanford University and did a residency in Internal Medicine at Stanford Medical Center. Her training in Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine was at UCSF. While on the faculty at Wayne State University School of Medicine, she earned an MS in Biostatistics and Clinical Research Design at the University of Michigan School of Public Health. She began training as a Candidate in Psychoanalysis at the Institute of Contemporary Psychoanalysis in Los Angeles. She combined medical training with her humanistic interests and lifelong interest in the human mind when she began training as a Candidate in Psychoanalysis at the Institute of Contemporary Psychoanalysis in Los Angeles. During her psychoanalytic training she spent five years as a volunteer telephone counselor at the Didi Hirsch Suicide Crisis Line. She spent two years as an intern-therapist at the Valley Community Clinic, a facility for the underserved. Dr. Myers received her Psy. D. from ICPLA in May 2020.
- California Medical Association, Los Angeles County Medical Association
- American Psychosomatic Society
- Society for Psychoanalysis and Psychoanalytic Psychology (Division 39 of the American Psychological Association)
- The Institute of Contemporary Psychoanalysis, Los Angeles, CA (member)
- The New Center for Psychoanalysis, Los Angeles, CA (member)
- American Psychoanalytic Association (member)